Ahhhh! Alice McCall's latest collection was inspired by one of our editor's favourite themes: babooshka dolls. The collection was inspired by the intricate detail and the rich colour palette of traditional Hungarian folk art. The gorgeous collection consisted of a kaleidoscope of sun-drenched colours, embroidery and colourful prints. The two main focal points from Alice McCall's Babooshka collection: pastel prints and peplum-style dresses dominated the runway and a beautiful pastel makeup design completed the look to perfection. To tie in with the overall theme, models waltzed down the runway with doll-like expressions on their faces. Alice McCall shared her vision for the look saying, "Budapest’s famous antiquated stain glass windows were a starting point for my Summer 2012/2013 collection, entitled ‘Babooshka’. From there, I took a trip into Hungarian folk art, finding inspiration in needlepoints, blossoming embroideries, delicate laces and even cheery Russian babushka dolls."
Makeup: by Maybelline.
The Russian doll inspiration flowed over to makeup with a soft blue pop of shadow, a pop of pink blush and a red lip which faded out to nothing.
Hair: by ghd, fronted by Sophie Roberts.
Sophie explained the idea behind the look was to create a romantic and elegant look. "We went for soft, pretty braids wrapped onto the top of the head with loose pieces of hair falling in front of the face", she told media.
Get The Look - Hair:
1. Prep damp hair with ghd Total Volume Foam and blow dry through with the ghd air.
2. Create a centre part using the ghd Tail Comb from the nape of the neck through to the front of the head and pull hair into two sections.
3. Braid hair to create two plaits, slightly tugging hair out to create a soft, dishevelled finish.
4. Twist braids back onto themselves and pin on top of the head, placing one in front of the other.
5. Finish with ghd Final Shine Spray and ghd Final Fix Hairspray.
Are you feeling inspired by Alice McCall's Babooshka?
*Images: ghd | Dey Manuel